1. Residence. I understand that, in order to compete in the Miss North Carolina Jr. High/High/Collegiate America Pageant, I must either attend college (collegiate contestants only) in North Carolina which will be the state that I intend to represent at the national Miss Jr. High/High/Collegiate America Pageant, or be a legal resident of North Carolina (Jr. High and High School Contestants).
2. Gender. I am and I have always been a female.
3. Marital Status. I am not now, and I have never been married, nor have I had a marriage annulled.
4. Parental Status. I am not now, and I have never been pregnant.
5. Good Character. I am of good moral character and I have not been involved at any time in any act of moral turpitude.
6. Criminal Record. I have never been convicted of any criminal offence and
there are no criminal charges presently pending against me.
7. Health. I am in good health and can, to the best of my knowledge, participate fully and without limitation in any program activities.
8. Current Medication. Other than as specified in the attached Medical Information, Release Form C, I am not presently being treated or medicated for any medical condition or disability, and I so not have any reason to believe that I will be treated or medicated for any medical condition or disability during the national competition or, if being selected as Miss North Carolina Jr High/High/Collegiate, during my Year of Service.
9. Conduct of the Competition. I understand and agree that the Miss North Carolina America Pageant shall determine the manner and method of conducting the competition in its sole discretion. I further understand and agree that the Miss North Carolina America Pageant shall also determine the time, method and manner of judging the competition and the awarding and supervision of all scholarships designated in its sole discretion. The decision of the persons designated by the Miss North Carolina America Pageant to judge the various events in any and all matters pertaining to the selection of the winners shall be final in all respects.
10. Permanent License of Publication Rights. I hereby authorize the Miss North Carolina America Pageant and anyone dully licensed or authorized by the Miss High School America Pageant to (1) televise, photograph, broadcast and/or make radio, television, video and audio tapes or motion picture recordings of me individually or in a group; (2) use or reuse such photographs, recordings, video tapes, audio tapes and/or motion films in all media throughout the world in perpetuity, and; (3) use my name, likeness and/ or physical depiction for any purpose in perpetuity, in an unedited or edited manner or fashion as the Miss North Carolina America Pageant, in its sole discretion, shall determine. This authorization shall also include the use of all such photographs, recordings, videotapes, audiotapes and/or motion picture films made during my Year of Service.
11. Change in Circumstances. I understand that if, at any time between the date if this Application and Contract and the completion should change, and facts concerning my eligibility to participate in the completion should change, including without limitation my citizenship, marital, or parental status, good character and reputation, the Miss North Carolina Collegiate Pageant shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to determine that I am not eligible to participate in the competition. No refunds will be given.
12. Change in Circumstances. I understand that if, at any time between the date of completion at which I am selected as Miss North Carolina Jr.High/High/Collegiate 2019 and the completion of my Year of Service, any facts concerning my eligibility to participate in the Program should change, including without limitation my citizenship, marital or parental status, good character and reputation (Including Facebook), the Miss North Carolina America Pageant shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to determine that I am not eligible to continue to serve as Miss North Carolina Jr.High/High/Collegiate America 2019. In that event, the Miss North Carolina America Pageant may, at its option, forfeit my title and all prizes, awards and perquisites of the position. No refunds will be given
13. Use of the Miss North Carolina Jr.High/High/Collegiate Title, Words, and symbols after the Year of Service. After the conclusion of my Year of Service, I am advised by the Miss North Carolina America Pageant that, in its sole and exclusive judgment, my use of any of the titles, words or symbols associated with the Miss North Carolina America Pageant and the Program has caused or is reasonably likely to cause harm to the Miss North Carolina America Pageant that I agree to discontinue any such use immediately. I understand and agree that the judgment of the Miss North Carolina America on this question shall be final and binding.14. Behavior. Any contestant or family member or guest showing less than sportsmen – like behavior will lead to the disqualification of the contestant. No refunds will be given.
15. Year of Service/Non-Compete Clause. If I win the title of Miss North Carolina Jr.High/High/Collegiate, I understand that this is a closed title. I agree to hold this title until my successor is chosen, or after 365 days, whichever comes first. I agree that while I am the current title holder, I will not associate with, promote, or participate as a contestant in any other local, national or international competition to any preliminary to any other local, national, or international competition. I understand that the title of “Miss North Carolina Jr.High/High/Collegiate” supersedes any other title that I may hold at the time of the competition (please speak to us if you hold a current title so we can discuss your individual situation). During my reign, I also agree to participate in a minimum of two (2) monthly appearances and to report on these appearances to the National home office. I also understand that it is my responsibility to represent the Miss Jr.High/High/Collegiate America system in a mature manner and not to express any political views in a public forum.
The Comfort Inn in Southern Pines is our host hotel. They are located at 9801 US Highway 15/501. Their number is 910-215-5500. Mention that you are with the pageant to get the discounted rate.
There have been several inquiries regarding hair/make-up artists. Hopefully this info will help.
Each contestant is given one back stage pass. That may be used for a hairdresser/make-up artist or a mom/sister. It is up to the contestant as to how they want to use that pass. Only females will be allowed in dressing rooms with contestants.
Hairdressers will be in their own room so they can be male or female. They should bring a mirror and their table. They can bring a power strip if they want.
****IF YOU ARE USING A HAIRDRESSER/MAKE-UP ARTIST, PLEASE GIVE US THEIR NAME SO THAT WE KNOW HOW MANY FOR WHICH TO PREPARE***
Hairdressers will need a ticket if they want to watch the pageant. We cannot allow any viewing from backstage. It does not work logistically.
Morning rehearsals end at noon. Therefore, we will allow hairdressers in at 11 to set up in their back room.
Interviews will begin at 2:30. They will be private with judges, standing with no podium which is the same format that nationals uses. We will begin with the Junior High division.
See you Saturday!
12:00 - 12:30 pm : Orientation
12:30 pm : Rehearsal begins at the R.E.L. Auditorium at Pinecrest High School, 250 Voit Gilmore Lane in Southern Pines, NC 28387.
2:00 pm Rehearsal ends. Lunch on your own.
3:00 pm Interviews begin at Pinecrest High School Choral Room.
5:00 pm Contestants report backstage to the R. E. L. Auditorium to check in for the evening.
6:00 pm SHOWTIME!! Miss North Carolina High School, Collegiate, and Junior High Pageant commences!
Christy's Flower Stall has graciously donated flowers to our winners! Christy's Flower Stall will be on site for your pageant needs on competition day! Please support our sponsors! Click here for Christy's Website